Monday, October 25, 2010

Fearful Symmetry

Let's get dirty!


Alright, I just read the book Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. To summarize: A set of twins are given their aunts flat in London upon her death with the condition that they must live in it for a year before selling. It's about the extremly close relationship between the twins, the neighbors, the ghost of dead auntie, and the cemetary that borders the flat. 
I thought it was an easy read and enjoyed it while I read it. Upon finishing the book I felt a little disappointed. I didn't feel I got anything out of the book. It ended somewhat abruptly and didn't feel like it fit with the rest of the book. Overall I wasn't impressed with it. This was by the same woman who wrote The Time Traveller's Wife, so I expected it to be good (even though I never read that book). There's no doubt that Audrey is a talented writer, but I wasn't a fan of most of the characters and, again, I thought the ending fell flat. 

Just started If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name- Heather Lende. It's nonfiction about a woman and her family living in Haines, Alaska. According to the blurb about this book and what I've uncovered thus far it's about the town, land, and people. I like Alaska and people, so let's give it a shot!

Next on the docket: The Pysick Book of Deliverance Dane

No comments:

Post a Comment